In 2003 MHSOB Football Club inducted its inaugural group of club Legends and Heroes.
Our Legends & Heroes are club personalities whose actions and commitment typify the very fabric of our great club. They are selected for their
contribution to the football club, either in an on-field or off-field capacity.
The criteria for selection as a club Legend or Hero are outlined below.
Criteria for selection as a LEGEND
- There must be a time lapse of 5 years between the end of his playing career and the nomination as an MHSOB Football Club Legend
- Must have played in one of the MHSOB Football Club senior teams
- Must have distinguished himself as a player by one or more of the following:
o Being a team captain or vice-captain of the senior team
o Being selected in a VAFA representative team
o Winning the club and / or competition Best & Fairest awards
o Winning the club and / or competition Goal Kicking awards
o Playing in more than 200 games for MHSOBFC (including Under 19s)
- There are to be no more than 6 foundation inductees and no more than 2 can be added in any one subsequent year
Criteria for selection as a HERO
- The person has contributed many years of outstanding service to MHSOB Football Club as a player, an administrator or general club helper
- The person need not have been a player
- The person need not have been a top-line player
- The person has been instrumental in furthering the goals and directions of the MHSOB Football Club
- The person has had significant influence on the well-being of MHSOB Football Club and amateur football in general
Since the introduction of the MHSOB Football Club Legends & Heroes concept, the following people have been inducted:
MHSOB Football Club Legends
- Jason Bamert
- Dean Comer
- Alex Johnson
- John ‘Jocka’ Nelson
- Geoff Paul
- Ian Turnbull
- Ron Verma
MHSOB Football Club Heroes
- Warren Fall
- Colin Green
- Alf Keam
- Tony Orchard
- Elizer ‘Pop’ Shapir
Please click on a name above to find out more about each club Legend & Hero, their achievements and contributions.
Please note that many profiles are in the process of being updated.