MHSOBFC Club Statement on COVID-19


Wednesday March 18, 2020

In light of recent events concerning the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we support the
Victorian Amateur Football Association’s decision to postpone the upcoming season until
May 2, 2020.
The VAFA Board considered all options in response to the global outbreak and made the
decision with the health and safety of all participants the fundamental priority. The decision
aligns with all senior metropolitan community competitions following a meeting on Tuesday
March 17.
The VAFA Football Operations Department, in conjunction with the Football, Growth and
Integrity Sub-Committee, will revise fixtures accordingly but acknowledge the situation is
fluid and any decision made may change. The metropolitan competitions will reconvene on
Tuesday April 14 to review the commencement date subject to the status of the COVID-19
The MHSOBFC Unicorns will cease training and games until further notice. We have been
advised that the VAFA will communicate with all clubs when they believe it is safe to return
to regular training based on forthcoming evidence surrounding COVID-19.


“We understand that football right now is a game, but not the main game. Our focus
is on looking after the community and that is the clear priority for everyone at the
moment. The Unicorns will rally together during this difficult time with many
unknowns, and however remote and isolated we may feel physically, we know that
our connection and support extends in every other way, shape and form.”
MHSOBFC Unicorns Club President Warren Fall.


In the interim, we ask that all players (health permitting) continue their current program
remotely to ensure we are well placed to return together when permitted, and maintain
regular contact with other players, coaches, and support staff via existing digital
communication channels.
The Unicorns and VAFA appreciates your support and understanding and will ensure the
latest information is communicated as soon as it comes to hand.

———- Ends ———-