MHSOBFC – 2016 Under 19 Coaching Vacancy
MHSOBFC have a decorated history in the VAFA dating back to 1928 with over 20 premierships across the grades. In 2016 we have a stronger financial position and higher participation levels than ever before. Many of the 2015 Under 19 players have committed to playing in 2016.
Melbourne High is one of the most picturesque places to play and watch football in Melbourne. The recently renovated change rooms are ideal for match day preparation. Players at Melbourne High School OBFC also have access to some of the best facilities in the VAFA.
You will be welcomed into a settled coaching group and active community of players and supporters. If you are looking to build experience as a coach or in the field of education this is the job for you!
The Coach’s primary responsibility is to organise and educate our Under 19’s players. A game plan will filter down form the senior grades and the Coach will be expected to implement their version of this within the context of Under 19’s football.
Training is on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6.00pm – 8.15pm and involves the whole Club. The Under 19 Coach will support the Senior Coach by assisting and occasionally running training drills for the whole Club as well as devising separate training programs and drills for the Under 19 team.
The Under 19 Coach will be a member of the selection panel, and will attend the weekly Thursday night dinners where teams are announced.
Key Selection Criteria
- A positive and welcoming attitude
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- An ability to be well organised
- Ability to work with other coaches to coordinate both group and individual training for Under 19 players
- Encourage a professional approach to training and match day preparation
- Support and implement the Club’s game style and strategy within the Under 19s side
- Ability to foster young players and develop their football skills
- Ability to provide constructive player feedback
- Positive working relationships with all players
- Promote the Club and its community values as a role model and ambassador
- Ability to recruit and retain players
- Competitive remuneration
- Significant professional networks to assist in the progression of non-football career
- Club merchandise
Applicants should include a CV and a brief cover letter detailing their interest and suitability for the position. Please address applications to MHSOBFC Secretary – Kylie Da Fonte and send by email to KDaFonte@nine.com.au
APPLICATIONS WILL CLOSE: WEDNESDAY 17TH FEBRUARY 2016